Jim Bellino (James Carlos Bellino) was born June 10, 1962 in Long Beach, California. He styles himself as a self-made "entrepeneur." Indeed it does seem he has started/owned many businesses; however, many have had mixed success. Some of his known business ventures include:
- He allegedly made over $500k using a zero down real estate investing program.
- Rectivity, Inc./ Pool Tables USA, Inc.
- Rectivity, Inc./ Pool Tables USA, Inc., operated as an online vendor of pool tables, poker tables, and matching game room collections. On December 10, 2008, an involuntary petition for liquidation under Chapter 7 was filed against Rectivity, Inc. in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
The state of California had listed Rectivity’s business status as “forfeited”: The business entity’s powers, rights and privileges were suspended or forfeited in California 1) by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to file a return and/or failure to pay taxes, penalties, or interest; and/or 2) by the Secretary of State for failure to file the required Statement of Information and, if applicable, the required Statement by Common Interest Development Association.
- Forensic Document Services (FDS)
- Jim Bellino was investigated in connection with a massive conterfeit ring involving his company. From the FBI report: The FBI’s Operation
Bullpen has infiltrated and dismantled a network of 20 forgers,
authenticators, wholesalers, and retailers who are responsible for the
creation and sales of up to $100 million of forged memorabilia, items
that are both sports and nonsports-related. Twenty individuals, all from
California, are cooperating with federal officials in pleabargaining
agreements on a variety of fraud and tax charges.
The operations of the J. DiMaggio Company have been shut down. In addition, a significant number of items that were known forgeries carried a certificate of authenticity attributed to Don Frangipani; and Robert Proudy and Jim Bellino of Forensic Document Services (FDS). Forged items were supported by fake or misleading authentication documents. However, no charges have been brought against the latter authenticators.To date, Wayne Bray of SCAA and James Bellino of FDS (FDS was banned from Ebay) have agreed to cease doing business in sports and celebrity memorabilia. Jim DiMaggio also is no longer authenticating memorabilia. FBI agent William Gore displayed a baseball forged with Mother Teresa’s name on it, which was accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the J DiMaggio company. Of the four authenticators, only Bray has pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy to defraud the U.S.
A deferred prosecution agreement was reached with Jim Bellino. No charges have been brought against the others.
You can read more about the investigation here:
- Margaritaville in Rancho Cucamonga (no longer open)
- There is not much availikble information on his failed restaurant, but the Daily Pilot reported that he "used to own the now-closed Margaritaville restaurant on West Coast Highway. He juggles numerous business endeavors these days, including pawn loans and house flipping."
- InVogue Luxury Vacation Suites of Laguna Beach
- A hotel/office space described on his website as: "Laguna Beach's most distinctive and one-of-a kind retreat for leisure
and business alike, InVogue Laguna Beach offers a retreat from the
ordinary. Each room is a singular statement unto itself offering the
finest amenities for business or pleasure. Only the best materials have
been used for your sensory delight. From the Mahogany wood that greets
you with warmth to the beautiful granite countertops in the kitchen and
vanity. The bed mattress, exquisite bed linens, lush down pillows and
comforters are beyond compare. Sit Back, Relax & Indulge yourself
in the stunning experience we offer at our unique property... InVogue
Here is a link to the brohure and virtual tour:
- Private Money Immediately
- There is not too much information on this, although an ad placed on craigslist by Jim in February 2010 which gives the impression that he is a shady loan shark:
5. WINE COLLECTION OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU MIGHT THINK HAS VALUE. JUST E-MAIL ME THE SCENARIO AND I WILL RESPOND IMMEDIATELY. THANKS JIM
SAME DAY FUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT LOAN ON BUSINESS… IF YOU DONT HAVE COLLATERAL, DON’T BOTHER. THANKS
$MINIMUM… 10 K LOANS
$NO CREDIT CHECK
JUST E-MAIL YOUR SCENARIO AND PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL E-MAIL BACK TERMS WITHIN AN HOUR.
THIS IS MY PERSONAL MONEY SO THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH.”
- Described by Jim and Alexis as "Sky Zone Anaheim, an indoor trampoline park for whole family fun and fitness. Construction has begun on the 35,000 squarefoot facility which will host dodgeball, foam pits, sky slam basketball courts, and Skyrobics. This will be home to one of the best birthday party destinations in Orange County."
- Real Estate Deals (House flipping)
- As you all probably know, Jim and Alexis were in forclosure for a year, but then mysteriously acuired a new home of significanty greater value.
- From realitytea.com "The Bellinos also defaulted on their home loan twice last year which led to a foreclosure and some auction dates which Jim and his lawyer were able to get postponed. The latest auction date, which was set for Feb. 10, did not take place as lender JPMorgan Chase simply canceled the auction and the foreclosure proceedings. Michael York, a lawyer for the Bellinos reveals they were able to come to a deal with Chase. As for what happens next, the 6-bedroom house is still being offered as a short sale, or for less than what is owed on the loan, with a asking price of $3,395,000. The listing details show that the Bellinos have put over $6 million into the home."
- How this occurred is still unclear, but one thing is for sure, Jim knows how to manipulate a bankruptcy court to maintain his current lifestyle.
- When Jim and Alexis tried to sell their underwater home, they included this in the listing "SELLER IS EXPERIENCED IN CREATIVE FINANCING AND WOULD ENTERTAIN ANY CREATIVE FINANCING OFFERS"