Since I just completed an in depth look at Jim Bellino, it is only fitting that I dig up some information on Alexis next. Love her or hate her, Alexis Bellino has been the source of much gossip on the RHOC but there is only limited information on her past before the show. Here is some information I have found about her.
Alexis Bellino was born in the small town of Hannibal, Missouri. Both Barry and Bellino have do Missouri. Alexis graduated from Hannibal High School in 1995. She then attended University of Missouri where she earned a marketing degree. She married Jeff Barry in June of 2002. The marriage did not last long though, and they divorced in 2003.
|A picture from a 2003 issue of Maxim|
|Alexis as a kid|
|Alexis and first husband Jeff Barry|
|Alexis, Jim, and kids|
|A picture from a 2003 issue of Maxim|
“We had been college sweethearts in Missouri,” Jeff, 31, a sales engineer, tells Star. “I never dreamt back then that things between us could turn so ugly.” Reasons cited for their divorce include infidelity, boozy brawls, computer hacking, physical threats and missing money.
Through interviews with ex-husband Jeff and friends of the couple, the following details have been uncovered:
The couple moved to San Diego shortly after their 2002 wedding. “We were young and didn’t have a lot of money.” says Jeff. “Then Alexis…started hanging out with trust fund babies. Having the right pair of expensive jeans became important to her.”
Eventually, Jeff discovered his wife was having an affair with a wealthy father of three she met at the gym.
I gave Alexis endless opportunities to fess up, but she kept denying everything,” says Jeff. “Then she said she needed her space, moved into her own place and asked me to go to therapy with her. But she only went twice, she made no effort at all.”
Jeff pretended to be a friend of Alexis’s and started emailing her under false pretenses. His suspicions were confirmed that Alexis was indeed sleeping with the married wealthy man.
Jeff then sent a mass email out to couple’s friends and family, in which he referred to Alexis as a “gold-digging homewrecker,” and a “$2 whore."
In the divorce filing, Jeff said of Alexis, “She can be an extremely mean, irrational drunk… She once took off her top in front of my best man to make me mad because she was upset that I smoked a cigarette.”
The couple’s divorce was finalized in June 2004. According to Jeff, he hasn’t had any contact with Alexis in four years.
“I’m not surprised she ended up on a show like Real Housewives,” says Jeff, who is now remarried. “She just seems to have even bigger boobs, a nose job and blonder hair now.”
These pieces of information certainly foreshadowed Alexis and Jim's questionable behavior on the RHOOC
Alexis Bellino currently lives in the Newport Beach Coast area, with her husband, Jim Bellino, a "self-made entrepreneur", and their three young children – 3-year-old James and 20-month-old twins Melania and Mackenna. As I mentioned in my previous post, she has had many issues with foreclosures and short sales of her homes which had depreciated in value since she purchased them. She started a fashion line and is a local news anchor for Fox 5. You can find more information about her various products at her website:
I am currently most interested in The Real Housewives of Orange County series, so I will begin my research there. Although the women of RHOC are entertaining, I often times find myself wondering about their husbands. So I though there was no better person to start with than Jim Bellino. There has been a lot of speculation as to his background and source of income, so I will try to shed some light on the subject.
Jim Bellino (James Carlos Bellino) was born June 10, 1962 in Long Beach, California. He styles himself as a self-made "entrepeneur." Indeed it does seem he has started/owned many businesses; however, many have had mixed success. Some of his known business ventures include:
- Rectivity, Inc./ Pool Tables USA, Inc.
- Rectivity, Inc./ Pool Tables USA, Inc., operated as an online vendor of pool tables, poker tables, and matching game room collections. On December 10, 2008, an involuntary petition for liquidation under Chapter 7 was filed against Rectivity, Inc. in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
The state of California had listed Rectivity’s business status as “forfeited”: The business entity’s powers, rights and privileges were suspended or forfeited in California 1) by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to file a return and/or failure to pay taxes, penalties, or interest; and/or 2) by the Secretary of State for failure to file the required Statement of Information and, if applicable, the required Statement by Common Interest Development Association.
- Forensic Document Services (FDS)
- Jim Bellino was investigated in connection with a massive conterfeit ring involving his company. From the FBI report: The FBI’s Operation
Bullpen has infiltrated and dismantled a network of 20 forgers,
authenticators, wholesalers, and retailers who are responsible for the
creation and sales of up to $100 million of forged memorabilia, items
that are both sports and nonsports-related. Twenty individuals, all from
California, are cooperating with federal officials in pleabargaining
agreements on a variety of fraud and tax charges.
The operations of the J. DiMaggio Company have been shut down. In addition, a significant number of items that were known forgeries carried a certificate of authenticity attributed to Don Frangipani; and Robert Proudy and Jim Bellino of Forensic Document Services (FDS). Forged items were supported by fake or misleading authentication documents. However, no charges have been brought against the latter authenticators.To date, Wayne Bray of SCAA and James Bellino of FDS (FDS was banned from Ebay) have agreed to cease doing business in sports and celebrity memorabilia. Jim DiMaggio also is no longer authenticating memorabilia. FBI agent William Gore displayed a baseball forged with Mother Teresa’s name on it, which was accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the J DiMaggio company. Of the four authenticators, only Bray has pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy to defraud the U.S.
A deferred prosecution agreement was reached with Jim Bellino. No charges have been brought against the others.
You can read more about the investigation here:
- Margaritaville in Rancho Cucamonga (no longer open)
- There is not much availikble information on his failed restaurant, but the Daily Pilot reported that he "used to own the now-closed Margaritaville restaurant on West Coast Highway. He juggles numerous business endeavors these days, including pawn loans and house flipping."
- InVogue Luxury Vacation Suites of Laguna Beach
- A hotel/office space described on his website as: "Laguna Beach's most distinctive and one-of-a kind retreat for leisure
and business alike, InVogue Laguna Beach offers a retreat from the
ordinary. Each room is a singular statement unto itself offering the
finest amenities for business or pleasure. Only the best materials have
been used for your sensory delight. From the Mahogany wood that greets
you with warmth to the beautiful granite countertops in the kitchen and
vanity. The bed mattress, exquisite bed linens, lush down pillows and
comforters are beyond compare. Sit Back, Relax & Indulge yourself
in the stunning experience we offer at our unique property... InVogue
Here is a link to the brohure and virtual tour:
- Private Money Immediately
- There is not too much information on this, although an ad placed on craigslist by Jim in February 2010 which gives the impression that he is a shady loan shark:
5. WINE COLLECTION OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU MIGHT THINK HAS VALUE. JUST E-MAIL ME THE SCENARIO AND I WILL RESPOND IMMEDIATELY. THANKS JIM
SAME DAY FUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT LOAN ON BUSINESS… IF YOU DONT HAVE COLLATERAL, DON’T BOTHER. THANKS
$MINIMUM… 10 K LOANS
$NO CREDIT CHECK
JUST E-MAIL YOUR SCENARIO AND PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL E-MAIL BACK TERMS WITHIN AN HOUR.
THIS IS MY PERSONAL MONEY SO THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH.”
- Described by Jim and Alexis as "Sky Zone Anaheim, an indoor trampoline park for whole family fun and fitness. Construction has begun on the 35,000 squarefoot facility which will host dodgeball, foam pits, sky slam basketball courts, and Skyrobics. This will be home to one of the best birthday party destinations in Orange County."
- Real Estate Deals (House flipping)
- As you all probably know, Jim and Alexis were in forclosure for a year, but then mysteriously acuired a new home of significanty greater value.
- From realitytea.com "The Bellinos also defaulted on their home loan twice last year which led to a foreclosure and some auction dates which Jim and his lawyer were able to get postponed. The latest auction date, which was set for Feb. 10, did not take place as lender JPMorgan Chase simply canceled the auction and the foreclosure proceedings. Michael York, a lawyer for the Bellinos reveals they were able to come to a deal with Chase. As for what happens next, the 6-bedroom house is still being offered as a short sale, or for less than what is owed on the loan, with a asking price of $3,395,000. The listing details show that the Bellinos have put over $6 million into the home."
- How this occurred is still unclear, but one thing is for sure, Jim knows how to manipulate a bankruptcy court to maintain his current lifestyle.
- When Jim and Alexis tried to sell their underwater home, they included this in the listing "SELLER IS EXPERIENCED IN CREATIVE FINANCING AND WOULD ENTERTAIN ANY CREATIVE FINANCING OFFERS"
Gretchen Rossi grew up in La Crescenta, Pasadena and attended Village Christian High School. She moved to Texas for college to attend Baylor University. After graduating and receiving a degree in Psychology, Rossi made her way back to California where she found her new home in Newport.
"I ended up getting hooked up with the top agent in Newport Beach and worked my ass off 80 hours a week and I ended up doing really well. I loved it and it really brought in my background in my degree in Psychology from college, which seems weird, but it really did. You wear so many different hats in the industry and I really enjoyed it."Wearing many hats in the lucrative business, Rossi was able to use her Psychology degree to help her advance in the industry. At the of age 33, Housewives star Gretchen Rossi has experienced a divorce, the loss of a loved one and the growth of two businesses along with starring in The Real Housewives of Orange County. Her late husband Jeff Beitzel (c. 1954 - Sept. 13, 2008) was an engineer and businessman who was involved with real estate agent Gretchen Rossi at the time of his death. Jeff Beitzel's illness was witnessed by many on 'The Real Housewives of the O.C.' in which Gretchen starred. Although she claimed she did not receive millions of dollars from her significantly older husband, she actually did. Jeff's trust was amended a month before his death and Gretchen received 2.5 million dollars, a significant amount of that coming from his life insurance policy. Her current boyfriend, Slade Smiley is a jobless, former title executive who owes hundreds of thousands of dollars to his ex-girlfriend for their son who has cancer. He lives with Gretchen currently and the two are always seen together.
|Gretchen and her parents|
|Gretchen in a bikini|
|Gretchen and Slade|
|Gretchen's 16th birthday|
|Gretchen when she was younger|
Heather Dubrow (Heather Paige Kent) was born January 5, 1969. She is 5'7 1/2 and weighs 118 pounds. She was raised in Chappaqua, New York. She holds a BFA from Syracuse University (1990). Heather is Jewish. Her family has Ashkenazi roots in Austria, Hungary and Poland. She is married to Terry Dubrow, a Newport Beach plastic surgeon. She met her husband, Terry, on a blind date. "We met on December 7 -- D-Day -- which [should have been] a warning," she jokes of getting together with her husband of 12 years, a plastic surgeon who offered his services on The Swan and Bridalplasty. "My husband and I are very down to earth people," insists Dubrow. "We're not defined by where we live or what we have. We're just normal people and we're incredibly grateful for what we have and each other."
Heather and her husband, have four children -- 8-year-old twins Nicholas and Maximillia, 5-year-old Katarina, and 10-month-old, Collette. She was Miss Greater Syracuse (N.Y.) 1989 and named Miss Congeniality at the 1989 Miss New York State Pageant. After graduating form Syracuse with a musical theater major, she pursued her dream of acting. She has appeared in the following roles:
2012 The Real Housewives of Orange County (TV series)
2009 Surviving Suburbia (TV series)
2005 Untitled Camryn Manheim Pilot (TV movie)
2002 Now You Know
2002 The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest
2000-2002 That's Life (TV series)
1999-2000 Stark Raving Mad (TV series)
1999 Norm (TV series)
1999 Early Edition (TV series)
1998 Carly (TV movie)
1997-1998 Jenny (TV series)
1996-1997 Life with Roger (TV series)
1997 Men Behaving Badly (TV series)
1995 Nowhere Man (TV series)
1994 Roseanne and Tom: Behind the Scenes (TV movie)
1994 Married with Children (TV series)
She and her family currently live in the exclusive beach community of Pelican Hill.
|Heather and husband Terry|
|Heather with Tamra and Vicki|
|Heather and her daughter Katrina|